25 October 2021

I turned 70 in the first week of this month--October.  I was lucky to have a lovely birthday with those of my children who are around, at a beautiful beach side resort.  As a result of the Covid scenario, we turned out to be the only guests at the resort!  

I am truly, truly grateful to my daughter, who made me a beautiful playlist of songs, organised the stay and best of all, composed a song for me.

As I grow older I realise, often I forget the age I am, more so when I listen to music.  But at times, although the mind is raring to go, the body is not quite up to it.  I am deeply grateful for all the loving relationships I have.  I am also grateful for each day of health and for life in an area where nature is mine to appreciate and up close.  The joy of hearing birdsong, watching brilliant sunrises and sunsets, seeing the seasons change is wonderful.  

The world around me and all it's happenings do get me down.  But, now I feel I will let the youngsters change the world to fit them better.  I wish that I may make even one person happy by an action of mine, each day that I have left in this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Do give your feed back.