31 August 2007
26 August 2007
22 August 2007
21 August 2007
Incidentally, we have the rain back today and now the sounds from outside my window are a steady, light, drip-drip and a loud chorus of crickets/cicadas. There are no bird sounds today. Certainly not my day to listen to Latin jazz 'cos to me listening to Latin jazz needs a breezy, lightly sunny afternoon :)
So listening to classical piano instead.
19 August 2007
18 August 2007
14 August 2007
Here's a little share of the day outside:)
As you can see I'm listening to jazz, the perfect accompaniement for a breezy afternoon.
Now playing: Ella Fitzgerald - The Very Thought Of You
11 August 2007
08 August 2007
But we had a great time. I think the highlight though was when we spoke to 'Amrika' on Skype. K just couldn't believe that his uncle and aunt were actually there on the computer smiling and waving at him! He just kept smiling and laughing, he was so thrilled. Apparently next morning he came to the computer, sat in front of it and called out for his aunt and uncle and wondering why they didn't respond. Anyway, that was sufficient incentive for K's dad to get over his fear of using Skype--hopefully.
04 August 2007
02 August 2007
Hiphop Grandmom had tagged me a long long while ago, to do the thinking blogger tag. I really am sorry that I took so long to do the tag. I’ve been doing a number of things and not really using my comp all that much. So here is the tag at last.
Firstly let me say that I really liked the way the way HHG did the tag. So I have decided to do a group thing like hers. Now for me to tell you about the blogs that make me think—
- Blogs by psychologists: I am deeply in interested in psychology and that kind of thing, besides which I go through phases of real depression. So I am always attracted to blogs of that kind. In that category there were two. One is Make the Most of U : This was one of the earliest blogs I read. I was feeling tired and depressed and also looking for blogs written by women. This blog gave me a big lift. Pam is a professional of course and so many of her topics are meant to be inspiring. The second one was called Love Honor and Dismay. Unfortunately Dr. Andrew, the blogger, has quit blogging for now.
- Then there are 2 older people’s blogs, both of which I found when I was searching for blogs for my mother by people nearer her age.The first one is Dot’s thoughts. I love her blog because she is so inspiring. Dot is not in the flush of youth. But the amount she does is truly amazing and an inspiration. The other blog is Monk’s progress. He really does make me think.
- The 3rd group is people who try to find things to be happy about. One blog is the Daily Three.
Shariis an inspiration for the way she deals with the difficulties in her life. There are more of those
- Then of course there are all the many Indian bloggers I read, mostly women though. I confess that I read mostly women’s blogs. There is Hiphop grandmom, and 3inone’s blog(though she too says she’s off blogging for while) and Rohini’s blog and various blogs I read off other’s blogs but haven’t added to my blog roll yet.
- As a 5th I want to add Blogher, which is not technically a blog but a group of women bloggers only. It is fascinating because you can find—and read clips—from blogs by women on all kinds of subjects. Anyone can join up too.
I’m not tagging anyone. But anyone who reads this is welcome to take up the tag.