30 July 2008

I was reading the latest Outlook magazine and came across this article on our women ambassadors--26 of them now apparently. The article was all about the yeoman service these women are doing and.....I started tearing up. I felt so proud of my fellow countrywomen and what they're achieving and the fact that all this is so much more possible now, and the tears just kept rolling down my face. I was looking at myself and thinking 'For heaven;s sake, why cry!' but I couldn't help myself.

4 comments:

  1. I read that article too and they represent India in some of the more significant countries too .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of things are changing. There's no shame in how you felt. Women, in all coutries, are becoming more independent and not as oppressed. Here's to a brighter future for all of us. I learn more about India from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really great. I wonder if they all have families. If I think I have it tough balancing my live as a working mom and wife, it would be interesting to see what they do and how they manage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this article when you first posted it. Apparently, I forgot to come back and thank you for sharing it. Very powerful women. I'm sure the article can't even begin to capture what they've gone through to get where they are. No wonder you are proud of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.