26 July 2011

Among the songs on my 'For walking' list is the Beach Boys 'Surfin' USA'  This reminded me of our trip to LA this year.  We were there mid May, and the day before we left, my nephew, both ardent surfers, said that it was a perfect day to surf and they wanted to drive to San Onofre State Beach, which was around 30 miles from where we were staying.  My husband and I had never really seen any surfing and didn't know what to expect.  Anyway, we bundled into the car with nephews, their dad, their dogs, wetsuits & of course the surfboards.
When we got to San Onofre, we almost didn't get place to park on the beach and what we saw was a bit like in this video


There were like hundreds of surfers in the cold water, surfing, falling in the water and clambering up on their boards again. It was a revelation to us from across the world. I stood with the two dogs, off the beach and watched the surfers. Didn't get any pictures. Hence the use of this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Do give your feed back.