13 May 2008

Was out walking at 8 p.m. last evening in the semi-dark. I am always admonished by everybody for not putting on more lights or carrying a torch, when walking at night, because there are snakes. But I love the dark and besides I had 2 big black dogs for company.
It was a warm muggy night with a hazy moon to shed some light. But the beauty was in the different scents that assailed my nostrils as I walked--white frangipani, white lilies and jasmine flowers, all at different spots along my walk. It more than made up for the stickiness and lack of breeze.

7 comments:

  1. Our senses of smell and hearing get sharper in the dark with no sights to distract. I have done this too except that I sit safely, on a porch or balcony and enjoy the smells and sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a habit of stepping outdoors without a torch too forgetting that a snake could be doing the very same lol but it's nice to take in the perfume and night sky. Sounds like you walked through a perfume bottle - only better *!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't fear darkness as much i fear humans around me....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frangipani...I love the sound of that word! You've reminded me of how much I love walking in the dark especially with trees around. You can hear the leaves rustling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to play tag after dark when I was a kid. Today there are too mant strange dogs to feel safe walking after dark. Snakes would keep me from walking after dark for sure. But you do often notice the aromas better during the quiet of the night. Even the crickets, frogs and other animals sound louder after dark. Guess we are more alert in the dark so notice things clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I love summer - so many different fragrances at night .

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am also taking morning walks in my colony these days and the smell of flowers chirping of birds totally refreshes u

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.