28 April 2007
But my husband, for whom this has always been his home town, is just desperate to get out of the city--any city--and get back home. He doesn't mind visiting small towns or quiet, laid-back holiday places. But he'd never choose a city to holiday in if he can help it. Luckily, my kids are in cities so that I can visit. (But since this is their home town too, they aren't too happy about life in the city either!) I think next time I ought to go alone! So next vacation, Chennai here I come--alone:)
26 April 2007
My Inner Hero - Paladin!
I strive to help others, and to bring truth and harmony to the world however I can. Whether times are good or bad, you can always count on me. I'm a shoulder to cry on, a champion for the helpless, and an all around nice person.
How about you? Click here to find your own inner hero.
23 April 2007
Three things I’d like to do
1. Travel all over the world
2.Have the ability to be invisible atleast once.
3. Become trim
Three things I hate to do
1. Say good bye to my children when they travel far.
2. Cook at short notice
3. Listen to malicious gossip (conversations where someone or the other is being run down, behind their backs)
Three people whom I’d like to meet
2.The Dalai Lama
3.Dot over there.
Three things I long to have
It’s funny, I can’t think of a single thing I long to have!
Three things that make me glad
1. Having long chats with my daughter (sons will rather die than do that!)
2. Going on holiday with my family
3. A lovely breezy day like we get here post monsoon.
Three things that make me sad
1. The continuing poverty in our country
2. My own inability to do anything about it
3. Watching one’s child suffer knowing that you can never really bear their suffering for them.
Three things that break my heart
1.The sorrow of a mother who loses her child
2. The abuse of small defenceless children
Three things that I like to dream about
Only thing I dream about—travelling to far off places!!
Three things that need to be stopped
1. Wars-using force to settle arguments rather than discussion
2.The use of the religious card by politicians.
3. Bringing up children with prejudices.
I didn't want to tag anybody specific. Anyone's welcome to do this tag.
12 April 2007
But now this weekend is the festival of Vishu and time for one of the loveliest Kerala trees, 'kanni konna', (cassia fistula). So here's a picture of the tree to wish all a Happy Vishu.