29 April 2020

So goes lockdown.

I was asked by a friend to keep some record for my children during this long drawn out holiday.  She is making journals for each of her three children, with photos, cards and other memorablia.  But for me, I find just cooking ( I am a slow and reluctant cook), cleaning and other household chores leave me very little time other than for my exercise--an absolute must for me and a bit of time at the computer.  So I decided I would, at least occasionally, update my blog as a record.
This time of Covid-19 is weird and mostly I try to keep worry and general gloominess out of my mind by staying in the moment during my work and, very often, by listening to music, which can be anything from oldies, to Western classical to jazz, depending on my mood.  Music really is a balm to the soul. 
If I let myself go, I worry about what the future holds for my children and grandchildren.  When will I be able to see again my son and family who live in the US?  But no, I try to push these away and try to stay in the moment--Zen.  When anybody says, 'Let's plan this or that' I say, 'Please let's just live one day at a time now.  Truly we do not know what tomorrow may bring.'  This virus has really made this clear to us that each minute is new and who knows what the next minute or hour may bring.
Peace to all and may everyone stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Finally made my way back to blogger. The music does help. Morning is my time to listen and on my walks with head pones. Stay safe. M

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.