01 February 2020

And so it's 2020

Finally, my husband and went for a very short holiday just before Christmas with the two grandkids that live the nearest.  We went to a beach and the children (14 & 10) and the both of us had a good time, playing Uno, Monopoly, getting in the water and eating seafood.
After that there was a mega family wedding, which took up about 10 days of time from around 28th of December till January 7th, by which time schools had reopened and I was back at work.  But the wedding was generally fun though a bit exhausting, especially since continuous dressing up is not something I enjoy.
Now, my eldest's death anniversary is coming up.  It will be 7 years since he passed away.  But all the memories remain so fresh and then again, with all the pictures and videos out there on the Web, the memories are kept alive.  I wonder whether that is good or bad.  The pictures that my mind has stored are always there and so very sharp still.  But sometimes, I do go and look at all his pictures in Facebook and the videos of him on Youtube, though the latter is much the more painful and than just looking at photos.  Ah but missing him is always going to be there, a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Do give your feed back.