10 October 2017

Oktober in the US

Onedia asked me to get back to blogging.As  I was visiting the US after a gap of two years, i thought that would provide some inspiration to blog again.  But it was not till yesterday,  a beautiful Fall day here in Illinois, that I felt like blogging.
I went for a morning walk by the lake near here and it was such a beautiful day it seemed unbelievable.  This was the first time I can recall seeing a really cloudless sky--'Not a cloud in the sky, and the sun in my eye, and I won't be surprised if it's a dream'.Beautiful!  Besides, it was my 66th birthday, and as it was a Sunday, we went apple picking. My son drove out to a place in Wisconsin and it was like a festival, packed with people, live music, food, apple orchards and a pumpkin patch.   The whole experience was fun. But Mother Nature added the extra zing.  It was a beautiful day.
I have been enjoying Fall, watching the leaves, on some of the trees, turn colour in the two weeks we have been here.  But I am sorry not to see some of the wild life I saw in the summers that I was here.
There are still a large number of birds though an I have seen two different types of woodpeckers apart from the robins and sparrows.  I hope I will find more to blog about in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Do give your feed back.