27 July 2011

Today, while visiting Facebook & Google +,  I missed my mother so.  I knew that if she'd been around, I would have pushed her into one or both, although she would have protested that she was too old and she couldn't possibly.. But I know she would have enjoyed interacting with nieces, nephews, grand children, etc.  Just as she was a little reluctant to begin blogging, but enjoyed herself after the initial reluctance.  She was a pretty tech savvy person for someone her age.  When she first wanted to get a computer--at around age 79 or 80, her sons couldn't believe she would really use it.  I told them 'Just get one for her and see what she'll do'; and sure enough, she first got some youngster to come in and help her, then located a book to learn and used to call me once in a while, when she had doubts.  By the time she moved next door to me, around 5 years later, she was quite a pro.  She also loved playing the card games and chess.  I know she so wanted to be gone from this life, especially after my dad passed away.  But I still miss her, especially when I come across something I know she would have loved.

4 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    I can't even get my mom onto Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read your mother and admired her too. she sure would have loved facebook and twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - I remember reading and enjoying your mother's posts . Am pretty sure she would have loved facebook , twitter and Skype as well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what Mallika, she was already using Skype before she died. Twitter she may not have liked but Facebook for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.