As asked for, here is the recipe of the cake, which I found on the Net incidentally.
I had to make the applesauce, as it's not available here and as I didn't have a bundt pan, I just used a bowl sort of pan.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup dark rum 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan lightly with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter, white sugar, and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Mix in eggs, 1/3 cup rum, and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture in three additions alternately with applesauce, ending with flour. Stir in dried cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, confectioners' sugar, and 2 tablespoons rum. Heat until smooth; if mixture is too thick, add water and maybe a little more rum. Drip glaze over cooled cake.