17 May 2006

Happy birthday Ma

It is my mother’s birthday today and besides it was Mother’s Day on the 14th. So I thought I would post a tribute to her today. I know I had written a post to her before but I feel compelled to do it one more time. I found this online and felt it said exactly what I wanted to say about her.


GOD said--

"When I made woman,
I decided she had to be special.
I made her shoulders
strong enough to carry
the weight of the world, yet,
made her arms gentle enough to give comfort...

I gave her the inner strength
to endure childbirth
and the rejection
that many times will come
even from her own children.

I gave her a hardness
that allows her
to keep going and take care
of her family and friends,
even when everyone else gives up, through sickness and fatigue without
complaining....

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all
circumstances. Even when her child has hurt her badly....

She has the very special power to make a child's boo-boo feel better and
to quell a teenager's anxieties and fears....

I gave her strength to care for her husband, despite faults
and I fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart....

My mother is all of the above and more. I love you mum.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 pm

    I have just read some of your posts. They are very good. My condolences on your father passing away. I see that you are very proud of your family as I am. Families are important to me anyway. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY BEAUTIFUL!!! You're so right, moms ARE special! I often think how my mom managed to handle everything - I don't know, but she did! I'm sad your dad passed away - I know what you're going through ... mine passed away suddenly eight years ago - and it feels just like yesterday! Only time will heal ... time and faith!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for visiting 'ilovemunich'

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.